Thursday, 19 May 2011

My Little Hurricane

Devil ran his fingers through your scraps of hair,
Leaving a trail of unpure thoughts everywhere-
Like the remains of sunshine in the raindrops that
Fall from a blinding white sky. Taste them on your tongue.

I called out for a body, for a boy, something to
Call my own, bones and flesh I could call home.
You ripped through my innocent heart- I asked
For God. I was sent my little hurricane here to love me again.

Captured in some dream-like state, we slipped away
To the fine line between right and wrong- met halfway.
Sold my soul to make peace with my demons, you
Did what you had to. Your hands washing over my blemished skin...

This is where the fantasy breaks down into a forbidden
Memory, a fractured mirror reflecting wants and needs.
This is whats left when you hurl affection at little ol' me-
Like the remains of sunshine in the raindrops that
Fall from a blinding white sky. Taste them on your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment