Sunday, 17 April 2011

Third Time's A Charm

You gave me daydreams,
You gave me nightmares-
Heart attacks like terrorist scares.
The thump of my heart shooting rounds like a gun.
And wouldn't you know it,
You sucked all the fun out of first love.

You made me smile,
You made me fight-
Wanted to punch your lights out,
Such a scared little tosser hiding in the corner.
Do you even know what it means,
To keep your own brother?

You drove me crazy,
You where crazy too-
Never thought I'd write poem
For you- or three, or four, or possibly more.
But I really couldn't say,
Because those kinds of numbers would scare myself away.

You wouldn't hold me
You never took my hand-
Yet you can't understand why
I'm frustrated, too tired, too old to play games
That fucked me up in the first place,
Who fucked you up instead of me.

You would look through others, so
You could attempt to look at me-
See the delicate skeleton of the little girl you
Once knew, twice shy, third time's a charm but you're
Way too late, still too young.
And wouldn't you know it,
You sucked all the fun out of first love.


No comments:

Post a Comment