Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Keeping Sane

I keep my eyes fixed to the sun,
Maybe it's better being blind than the future
Staring through my sorry reflection in the water.

One minute I'm alone by the river,
And then we're lying on a beach,
Naked, just out of each other's precious reach.

BOOM it's midnight, I'm in bed.
Though I've dreamt of stranger things,
Out of the darkness one little name sings loud.

It's snowing by the lonely sea
A haze of summer love songs that
I can't sing to fix everything wrong with me.

With this army of frightening cloudy days
Between us, floating on the horizon
Waiting to pounce and ruin everything.

And theres this hollow scream clawing
Out of my throat, this empty little tree,
Wilting and waiting to see passionate life again.

Or is it hiding from the fat furious sun?
Maybe it's better seeing nothing than the future
Staring through my sorry reflection in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment